5 Tips for Making your Holiday Card Meaningful
5 Tips for Making your Holiday Card Meaningful—You might hesitate that sending a holiday card is regular practice for businesses and doesn’t have a powerful impact on clients or prospects. With these simple tips you are sure to make a lasting impression with your holiday cards.
- 1. Brand your card—This is a unique opportunity to get your brand into the home of clients or prospects. Make sure your logo is on the card, and that the card clearly executes your brand voice. If you're a part of a team, consider including a team photo. Recipients are interested to see what makes you unique, and a greeting card is a great expression of your brand.
- 2. Handwritten is best—Adding a handwritten signature, message, or hand addressing each card shows that you put in the time, and didn’t “mail in” (pun intended) this project.
- 3. Add a personal message about yourself—Sharing some bit of information makes the card stand out. Include news from the year, business or personal. Add a line about what charities you are donating to for the season. Bring attention to interesting or unique office attributes that your clients will connect with.
- 4. Add a personal message about the recipient—Including a personal note about the recipient shows you pay attention and really care about what is going on in their life. Especially if it has been a recognizable year for a client, (weddings, anniversaries or births) making mention of this in the card will make a valuable impression.
- 5. Make sure your personality comes through—If you’re funny, lighthearted, sincere or serious – makes sure that comes through in your holiday card. Most importantly, the recipient wants to recognize that you put the time in to extend appreciation and warm wishes.